City Brew Tours is expanding quickly with our success in Burlington, Boston, Philly, DC and Baltimore. We are always on the lookout for great guides.
If you’d like to apply for a part time Beer Guide position in any of our cities answer the following 12 questions. No cover letter required. Please attach a resume.
1. How familiar are you with the brewing process?
2. What are your 3 favorite beers currently?
3. Do you have a clean driving record? If you have any DUIs or Tickets, please explain?
4. Would you consider yourself a high energy individual? Are you outgoing?
5. What three words would your oldest friend use to describe you?
6. How are you at presenting or talking in large groups?
7. How long have you lived in (insert city you are applying for)?
8. What breweries have you visited before in (insert city you are applying for)?
9. Describe your experience driving larger vehicles (trucks, moving vans, passenger vans, etc.)?
10. Please provide all details of your availability for work.
11. Give an example of what makes you a “self-starter”.
12. Have you ever worked in the beer industry before?
Email all of the requested information to email@example.com
City Brew Tours is looking for a Summer 2017 Intern!
Position Title: Communications Intern
The Communications Intern will assist with external communications and marketing during our peak tour season. Tasks will have a wide array of applicability to future roles from customer service and communications to marketing, content creation and general office clerical work. You will work alongside team members who fulfill customer service and sales roles and you will report to the Director of Operations. The term of the role is flexible, preferably May – August, with opportunity to extend. The office environment is laid back and casual but has strong focus on the rapid growth of our company as a pioneer in the beer tourism industry.
· Entering your Junior or Senior year of college, OR recent graduate.
· 21+ years old (due to our business involvement with producers of alcohol this position is not suitable for those under 21.
· Focus of degree study in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related field.
· Exceptional customer service skills via multiple channels (phone, email, social media).
· Full understanding of the use and purpose of Facebook, Instagram, twitter.
· Perfect spelling, grammar and punctiation.
· Strong communication skills, creativity and attention to detail.
· Not afraid to call out the error(s) in the bullets above, even if made by your superior.
· True interest in craft beer.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
· Handle phone and/or email customer service inquiries as needed to support the Operations Admin.
· Assist with brainstorming, evaluating, developing and executing new marketing initiatives, primarily online but occasionally physical.
· Create and manage a weekly multi-platform social media content calendar.
· Engage followers and prospective customers on social media.
· Be online for tour operations support for tour guides during Sunday tours.
· Proof all website blog posts written by contributors.
· Contribute at least 1 blog post per week (proofed by your supervisor).
· Attend outside promotional events as our ambassador (i.e. festivals).
· General office administrative/clerical duties.
· $1000 / month stipend, paid bi-weekly. Expected commitment: 20 hours / week.
· Typical office hours: 10a – 6p, but flexible.
· Required work days: Sundays, Wednesdays, and an additional flex day (your choice).
· At end of term you may receive a written recommendation from both the CEO and COO.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume along with the answers to these questions:
What is your favorite beer brewed in Massachusetts?
What is your favorite beer brewed outside of Massachusetts?
What three words would your oldest friend use to describe you?
What is your Instagram handle?
What is one interesting fact about you unrelated to this position?
Why is this the right role for you and your future goals?